COORDINATING ASSISTANT PRODUCER FOR MERMAID PALACE / EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO KAITLIN PREST
- Los-Angeles based
- Part-time (approximately 24 hours/week)
- $20 - 25/hour depending on experience
- 3-month trial to start, with goal of building long-term position within the company.
- Looking to fill the position ASAP.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANCE TO KAITLIN
- Manage Email
- Manage Calendar (professional & personal appointments)
- Arrange flights and travel accommodations
- Process receipts for expenditures and budget updates
- Run errands
MERMAID PALACE MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
- Marketing & Press
- Help Kaitlin implement marketing plans and strategies; enforce production timelines
- Coordinate with publicist(s), package and deliver press kits
- Coordinate with Kaitlin to create a press plan and do necessary outreach
- Internal Communications
- Set staff meeting agenda
- Personalize updates to donors
- Write Thank You’s to donors
- Manage Social Media for Mermaid Palace and Kaitlin’s personal account
- Know the company calendar and programming like the back of your hand
- Develop, compile, execute and manage content for social media campaigns for all launches/programming
- Stay informed about and promote what artists are doing in and outside of Mermaid Palace (e.g. what they’re up to, if they’re doing talks or presentations, come up with general Mermaid Palace campaigns)
- Document the production teams; create BTS content
- Website Maintenance
- Write and compile website copy and necessary media assets (e.g. photos and videos from producers, and of art installations / performances, etc.)
- Conduct project research
- Conduct pre-interviews with subjects/guests
- Log and organize audio
- Cut ads and audiograms
- Research and identify relevant awards to apply for
- Write awards submissions
- Draft grant applications
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Has dreamed of working in a queer arts institution, or at a highly crafted podcast production company surrounded by people with good politics and good hearts who are cultivating their craft, working extremely hard and being total weirdos.
Is someone who loves art but whose great talent happens to pertain to spreadsheets, math, calendars, organizing vast archives, coordinating and generally being fluent in the art of time management and making sure everything is in order so that something magical can happen.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE ALSO:
- Has access to and knows how to use InDesign and Photoshop; does basic video editing, and is competent with Google Suite.
- Love The Heart and The Shadows, understand the aesthetic of Kaitlin Prest’s work, and live and breathe the mission of Mermaid Palace (artfully made intersectional feminist queer media).
- Is someone who loves managing, problem-solving and supporting creatives.
- Is a Type A personality: Organized, detail-oriented and excellent with deadlines.
- Has some knowledge of audio production, competency with Reaper preferred.
- Has some experience with bookkeeping and basic accounting.
- Has some specific experience and success with most aspects of the job description.
Is queer, trans/non-binary and POC to the front!
HOW TO APPLY
- Website URL and/or Social Media handles
- 2 References (name, email, phone number)
In lieu of a Cover Letter, please answer each of the following questions (answers can be short!)
- What is your relationship to queer culture and identity politics?
What is one of your favorite pieces of culture? Why? (audio, film, TV, art, anything)
What is your familiarity with Kaitlin Prest’s work? (The Heart, The Shadows, etc.)
What is your relationship to podcasting? And to other creative industries such as performance, theater, film, TV, installation arts, writing, design?
- Share an anecdote that shows you are organized and detail-oriented.